Charles Nabholz began his long career with the Nabholz companies in 1954, first working at both Nabholz Construction and Nabholz Supply Companies. Over the next three decades he founded Con-Ark Builders (later merged with Nabholz Construction), explored real estate development in California, served as the Director of State Building Services under Arkansas Governor Frank White, and established the commercial real estate development company Nabholz Properties, Inc. Having been a board member of all Nabholz entities since 1956, he was chosen as Chairman of the Board for the Nabholz Group in 2000, and then elected to his current title of Chairman Emeritus in 2014. He also still serves as Chairman of the Board for Nabholz Properties.
He has long been an active member of the community, having previously been involved with the Civitan Club, Associated Builders and Contractors, Independent Living Services, the Conway Regional Medical Center Foundation, Conway Corporation, the Conway Chamber of Commerce, the Conway Planning Commission, United Way of Faulkner County, the St. Joseph School Board and Endowment, and Conway Young Life.
His current community involvement includes serving on the Board of Directors for the Faulkner County Community Foundation, CHI-St. Vincent Medical System, the CARTI Foundation, the Arkansas Research Alliance, the Conway Foundation, the St. Joseph Cemetery Commission., and the Central Landing Improvement District.